Canal Barge Company Cooks work on our fleet of Inland Towing Vessels. The primary responsibilities of Cooks are to provide well-balanced, nutritious meals for CBC vessel employees while maintaining a clean, safe and orderly galley.
Qualified candidates must be safety conscious and able to work in a physically demanding environment. The work schedule consists of 28 days on and 28 days off with travel reimbursement. All applicants must have favorable work references, a valid driver's license and must pass a pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Primary Job Duties
- Prepare three well balanced meals per day for the crew
- Operate a net, clean, safe and orderly galley
- Order, manage and maintain groceries under guidance from the Vessel Master
- Support the Canal Barge Company safety culture and follow all safety and hygiene policies
- Climbing ladders and stairs
- Repetitive bending and stooping
- Handling kitchen equipment
- Lifting objects from various levels ranging from 10 - 30 pounds
Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Canal Barge has adopted this policy to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families who spend time in its facilities. This policy is intended to comply with all federal, state, and local laws. It is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") and public health authorities, as applicable.
Before being assigned to work, all new hires for employment with Canal Barge must either (a) be vaccinated for the COVID-19 novel coronavirus; or (b) seek an approved exemption as an accommodation.
Canal Barge Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.