Audio Visual Engineer/Supervisor
Ole Red Gatlinburg
Serves as Full-Time Lead Audio/Visual Engineer and A/V Technical Staff Supervisor. Operates Audio, Video and Lighting equipment for music performances, concerts and special events held at Ole Red and coordinates scheduling and supervision of A/V tech staff, ensuring world-class technical execution and the delivery of quality experiences for visiting artists, production teams and customers.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day technical operational needs for Sound, Lights, Video and backline equipment required for all music performances and events at Ole Red.
- Act as lead Audio-Visual equipment operator for most music performances and events.
- Supervise and schedule a staff of Full-Time, Part-Time and Freelance A/V Technicians.
- Work with General Manager to preemptively coordinate and anticipate technical needs for each music group and event, and to provide onsite production supervision during events.
- Occasionally direct A/V staff to practice preventative maintenance and repair of Audio-Visual-Lighting equipment and media appliances.
- Work with Technical Services staff and visiting artists to assist with equipment load-in and load-out logistics for event production equipment as needed.
- Support Director of Technical Services with the completion of approved capital upgrade projects, and make recommendations for the development of future projects.
- Maintain working understanding of current audio/visual/lighting/backline technologies and production vendors.
- Ensure that all equipment is used safely, in accordance with proper industry standards, from the load in through the load out. Maintain a safe and secure environment for artists, clients, employees, etc. ensuring that all codes, laws, regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as Audio or Video Engineer for a National Touring Act, Production Vendor/Supplier, Performance Venue and/or Hotel A/V department.
- Verified experience required as lead operator of A/V equipment during musical shows and corporate events, managing show crews, supervising and scheduling a staff of technicians, managing an inventory of equipment and overseeing production transportation logistics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of music, acoustics, stage lighting and video engineering is required.
- This position requires a pre-employment drug screening.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.